Do We Need Human Resources Software?
If you’re in the market for human resources (HR) software for your South African business, it is quite likely that you’ve come across terms such as SaaS, on-premise, cloud, and best-of-breed. With so many software options, tools, platforms, and functionalities on the market it can be difficult knowing which is best for your organisation.
Additionally, there are other considerations to keep in mind, such as payroll functionality, recruitment and onboarding functionality, not to mention legislative and compliance objectives.
The Question is, do You Actually Need Human Resources Software?
Many business decision-makers are uncertain whether HR software is necessary or if they are ready to invest in HR software. There may be legacy payroll software in place, so lobbying for additional HR functionality could be challenging. There is also the fear of disruption and lengthy deployment strategies, as well as pricey vendor invoices at the end of the project that need to be mitigated.
However, the benefits that integrated HR and Payroll software brings, like Sage 300 People, far outweigh the initial disruptions. But first, how do you know if your organisation needs human resources software?
If your HR department is doing any of these, then the answer is a resounding ‘Yes!’
- Spreadsheets to manage HR data
- Outlook calendars to remind the team of important dates
- Lengthy manual admin processes
- Dependence on payroll systems to perform HR tasks
- Difficulty with performance review delivery and reporting
Also, do you have any of these human resources operational issues?
- No dedicated HR system that streamlines admin, reduces costs and makes the business more competitive
- Lack of automation to reduce manual administration
- HR/payroll systems that lack the capacity to ‘on-board’ employees
- Time-consuming, manual ‘off-boarding’ processes
- Stressful, laborious performance review process
- Reporting on all the above is manual, time-consuming and very often inaccurate
The Benefits of Integrated Human Resources and Payroll Software
Human resources and Payroll software empower HR managers and personnel to do what is most needed: to develop and look after the people within the business. As busy professionals, they are responsible for keeping companies staffed, trained and legally compliant. HR managers are often stretched between supporting business managers and employees, and meeting with contractors and job applicants.
However, if they don not have software to support these endeavours, the majority of their time could be spent updating spreadsheets or manually searching through, processing, or organising paperwork.
There must be a better way to allocate this vital resource.
Integrated HR and Payroll software, like Sage 300 People, automates so much of the admin, and streamlines so many of the HR processes, that HR managers and professionals are freed to do what matters most.
Greater productivity through integration
- Research shows that leading organisations are 53% more likely to have a single system for HR and financial or payroll data.
- Organisations that integrate time and attendance with payroll spend less money and use fewer resources. This improves the business’s overall performance.
- Payroll processing errors are reduced by more than 20%.
- Manual transactions decrease dramatically, from 5.9% to 0.1%
- In organisations with integrated HR and financial data, collaboration across departments and divisions increases over three fold.
Sage 300 People helps your company to break free from legacy systems and find solutions that offer
more detailed and complex functionalities than those previously available in South Africa, without the hefty price tag.
All-in-one HR solutions with Sage 300 People
- Employee management
- Leave management
- Employee equity
- Skills and learning development
- Job and position management
- Performance management
- Job requisition
- Medical claims
- Time flow management
The Sage 300 People modules are process-driven and follow a systematic HR approach throughout
- The traditional employee file can be replaced with an easy-to-use, always available electronic file to which you can attach documents.
- Your employees, managers and users have access to real-time information from multiple locations simultaneously.
- You have a strong reporting interface that can email copies directly from the application and/or export to various formats, e.g. PDF or Microsoft Excel.
- Your managers can access employee records, conduct performance reviews and print HR.
Manage jobs and positions
The Job Management module gives you complete control and visibility of each job/position specification and requirements within the organisation.
The position profile allows you to capture everything from location of a position in the company hierarchy and competency requirements to key performance areas (KPAs) and indicators (KPIs) for the position.
Manage employees and record employee transactions
Keep a complete record of each employee including employee transactions and document attachments such as disciplinary actions, discussions conducted, experience gained, items issued, qualifications obtained, training planned and attended and medical history.
Manage Employment Equity
Sage 300 People lets you manage your employment equity goals and targets throughout all HR processes by defining equity positions, monitoring goals and targets against actual staff movements and appointments, a key requirement for businesses in South Africa. Sage 300 People uses management reports to manage equity targets, and to print Statutory Equity Reports (EEA2 and EEA4) required by the Department of Labour.
Talk to T3T about Empowering Your Human Resources Team through Sage 300 People.